Fox News’ Bill O’Reilly will depart from the network following accusations that he sexually harassed women.
Fox parent company 21st Century Fox confirmed that the country’s highest-rated cable news host is out of a job.
“After a thorough and careful review of the allegations, the company and Bill O’Reilly have agreed that Bill O’Reilly will not be returning to the Fox News Channel,” a statement reads.
O’Reilly came under fire after a New York Times investigative report that five women had been paid a total of $13 million to settle sexual harassment allegations against him. On Tuesday, attorney Lisa Bloom said she took a case from a sixth woman who claims he sexually harassed her.
O’Reilly, 67, has been at Fox News for 21 years and is considered by many to be the face of the network. The O’Reilly Factor has been the number one cable news program for 15 consecutive years, bringing in more than $400 million in ad revenue in 2014 and 2015, and $118 million in the first three quarters of 2016, according to the Hollywood Reporter.
He has denied any wrongdoing, but more than 50 advertisers pulled out of his program after the article ran.
“It is tremendously disheartening that we part ways due to completely unfounded claims,” O’Reilly said in a statement. “But that is the unfortunate reality many of us in the public eye must live with today. I will always look back on my time at Fox with great pride in the unprecedented success we achieved and with my deepest gratitude to all my dedicated viewers. I wish only the best for Fox News Channel.”
His departure follows the ousting of Roger Ailes who also left Fox News last summer following sexual harassment allegations. Ailes received a $40 million payout for the remainder of his contract.
O’Reilly recently signed a new, multi-year contract worth more than $20 million per year.
RELATED: Roger Ailes, Chairman and CEO of Fox News and Fox Business, Officially Resigns
The anchor signed off on April 11 for a pre-planned vacation to Italy until April 24.
He will be replaced by Tucker Carlson in the 8 p.m. timeslot. Carlson replaced Megyn Kelly when she left in January, and Tucker Carlson Tonight has performed well in its new time-slot.
Meanwhile, The Five political roundtable will move into Carlson’s vacated 9 p.m. slot.
READ MORE: The New York Times, Hollywood Reporter