awards / past
PromaxBDA is a global community of those passionately engaged in the marketing, promotion and design of television on all platforms, inspiring creativity, driving innovation and honoring excellence. It is paramount to every creative professional in the entertainment marketing business to have the ability to tell a creative, clear and concise story, every day, about their brands and their programs.
The creative objective of the PromaxBDA student story competition is to write, produce, direct and edit a short-form promotional story about yourself.
• Identify and develop the key components of your brand
• Write a short-form script for your personal video
• Create a compelling and original video that communicates your complete brand story
Here's the catch: you cannot place yourself in the actual video. Tell your story visually using graphics, video, sound and script at your discretion.
The winner will receive:
• $1,500 cash prize
• PromaxBDA Award
• Full registration to The Conference 2014
• One seat at Student Portfolio Night and HR Roundtable at The Conference 2014
All student entrants will receive a complimentary one-year PromaxBDA Academic Membership.
Tel. +1 310.789.1539
Fax. +1 310.788.7616
View Technical Specs ▸
When is the deadline?
The deadline for the 2014 PromaxBDA Student Story Challenge is March 19, 2014. The online system will close at 11:59 p.m. PST.
Can international students participate?
Can I submit more than one challenge?
Is this competition open to high school students or post-college graduates?
No, this competition is only open to current undergrad college students.
Can I create my own footage to use in the challenge?
Yes. PromaxBDA invites submissions of original creative works in which the student maintained authorship over the content and aesthetics (producing, directing, writing, editing, etc.)
Can I use stock music and footage to complete the challenge?
You may use stock music and footage as long as you purchased it and have permission to do so. You are also allowed to use free, royalty-free footage and music. All student entries must clear all licenses, copyrights and permissions required by any music or footage used. If an entity other than the entrant owns the rights to all or part of the submitted video, the entrant must submit written consent from the owner, or an authorized representative of the owner, to PromaxBDA.
How do I submit an entry?
The following How to Submit an Entry document will walk you through the entry submission process.
What are the technical specifications for video uploads onto the PromaxBDA award system?
Review the PromaxBDA technical specifications document.
Questions? Contact Miracle McClain at firstname.lastname@example.org or 310.789.1539.
Top industry creative executives representing the best network brands and agencies in the media landscape will judge the competition. Submissions should:
• Demonstrate an understanding of storytelling arcs in short-form promotional contexts.
• Contain a comprehensive, written brand objective that reflects the primary themes of your brand story.
• Demonstrate the creative and strategic skills in the creative process of your promotional story that go into the developing of a successful television or program brand promotion.
• Demonstrate aesthetic proficiency in use of graphics, video, editing, sound and voice-over.
Jurors will be announced soon!